Friday, August 15, 2014

Karussell meet II

Yes I got there! Of course I didn't get to the right house, but I blame the house number system here, and he hid his red car so well and was only waving on the yard, how was I to notice?

Anyway, the thing is, I really do meet the coolest of the cool. Unfortunately  my great skills with human interactions also makes sure I do first impressions well!

So there he was, on his own lawn listening to an endless rant about the crew in my car. I think it was safe to say he was glad to jump behind the wheel of Peter just to hurry to get to dinner, so I could be silenced.

First thing about guys like him you notice is how calm they are. He knows his shit, no need to act at all. This is funny, since most people (me) are all ego, and that's all we have to give. Him, calm.

It took him two seconds to fix my tiny side ways problem, and I can't believe how much of an idiot I had been.

Peter, on his first service never left my presence. I went to the back with him and all. The only time it got out of my sight was Lups had her coffee, and that's when the tires were done. Needless to say, I didn't check, I've only been complaining about those, and no, never did anything about it. Anyway, after deflating them he gave me a lecture about not letting BMW dealers touch the tires, Anna's ego was a bit bruised and off we went.

Meeting a car dude who knows his shit was going well as you can see. I give him the full credit on keeping his calm at all times, apparently someone else has been worse than I. Thank you, who ever you are. Just Thank You.




You know the dude has hung out with Finns before when even for a burger the place is named like this. Even better, he let me eat his jalapenos so I was in heaven.

***WARNING!!! I HADN'T HAD COFFEE BEFORE WRITING THIS AND YOU BLOODY PERVS POINTED THAT OUT ALREADY. I'M TALKING ABOUT ABOUT A G E A R K N O B, AND I READ IT ALREADY, IT TRANSLATED REALLY BADLY.. The only reason I don't fix this or erase it is because I can't help it. I just love complete fuckups. *** have your laugh, I sure as hell did. Lets just see how understanding man I have in my life then.


We had dinner, I took him back to his house he trashed everything from my seating position to my careless style to steer,and I just loved it. I actually tried to learn something Karussell, I had two hands on the wheel at least 4 times on my way back. The dude knows his shit, and every tip gotten will be remembered and I truly had the time of my life, thanks J.

We went in to make coffee, and he showed me this knob. Needless to say, it had to be tested. In my life, I have done a lot. I have never before taken a gear knob to a test drive. as sure as hell that was one of the funniest situations in a long time. For two adults to do that, stupid. Two bimmer fan boys (I'm mainly man anyway, so why mention options), normal stuff.



 GA is apparently a place with the only icing bridges in the world.  I couldn't believe this, but every bloody bridge had this sign on it.
 You can take a nap or text your life's story around here before coming to a corner, and even then you are indeed safe, there will be many, many many MANY traffic signs pointing out beforehand that this unicorn like thing is coming your way.


 At least I can't get lost if I find the right road for once!




The sunset on the way back was beautiful.  I have lost most of my voice thanks to Candy, so I slowed down to admire it. Going fast results to shouting to idiots who don't keep out of my lane!



On my way back Karussell texted me the number of an other Atlanta based F8x dudes number. Had to contact him, since I really wanted to take this picture. I went to check in, and met him at the garage, and sure as hell it seems M3 people still go with their own style of parking.

You know you need therapy, when after a long day the best thing ever is to go trough the adaptive headlights and finally get to say that I FUCKING HATE THEM! I hope they work better after the coding, but as of now, they are useless crap, and putting on the adaptive feature is suicidal since you end up driving without high beams in situations you really would need to see your way. I'm so happy I didn't have those in the cars I build,  their present owners can send me coffee as thanks any time.

Soccerdad sure as hell changed my view of Texans enough that I just might head out there now. Actually, as far as I know, I'm to only dick driving one of these. Actually, the further south I've traveled, more real people get. North is starting to feel like the health and safety warning dump zone and I really do not miss that.





... Then last night at 3 am I went to get stuff from the car, and this was going on...


Thanks Georgia, and Tennessee, I truly had the time of my life.

2 comments:

  1. Good to see you out here! Now yall come back now, ya hear?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hell yes, Thanks J for a great two days of being completely lost! Damn I love Tennessee, Georgia was okay. :D

      Delete