Tuesday, August 12, 2014

On the road to Chicago

The thing is, when I get something in my head, I'm stuck. The grills, gills and reflectors looked so wrong, no pictures could be taken. I know, pathetic.

In my usual style, I headed off to Chicago without checking even if IND had a real shop there, or only a mailing center. I also didn't bother to google a good route, I just hit the road. Ankle got taped up so tight it almost hurt more than the driving it's self, but Freddie Mercury made me the forget the pains of living while the beautiful sign came out: I was leaving Philly.

To be honest, I didn't bother to see the place at all, as usual I just end up hating everything I have to fly in with luggage. Maybe some day I'm brave enough to review the place again, till then it's the hell hole number two in this country.

The unfortunate tendency to go trough gas a bit fast and the subtle color of Peter made the gas stations hell on earth, it's apparent that this color is the right one for the attention whores. Sadly it get's it on the road too so instead of driving the bloody thing I spend all my time trying to switch lanes to get away from the next bloke who can't keep his in his lane. The roads in Chicago are one huge pothole after an other, then the stares and there is me, hoping that I can beat the traffic hour and get the fuck away from here.

Just do not get the Austin Yellow, my tip of the day.

Well, the only address that I cared enough to get into Candy, and off we went. I we arrived around five am after an interesting meeting with an other car fan. A bit before Ohio was reached (Doc I took your tip seriously, I drove like a grandma, a Finnish one but that was the best I could do!) This pulled next to me.



The bloke driving it had the same idea, so we pulled over and cameras came out.


It was a super moon, we waited till it rose a bit, I asked where he's headed and we found out we have the same route ahead of us. Ohio being near two beepers in the mirrors is always better than one, and who would miss out on the chance to see a C 63 in the rear view mirror for hundreds of miles? 

Off we went, and all the proper procedures for the break in period were followed, I assure you all. Peter was not harmed, no need.


Turns out even in Ohio lights do go from red to green in an occasion. Peter did good. He made mum happy, and I was being kind to it, don't worry!

We parted ways since I was in a hurry to get to Chicago. I had as usual not booked anything and  I was so sure IND has move to Germany. Turns out they had not, but that's the next story.

No comments:

Post a Comment