Friday, August 8, 2014

Yellowstone

I have always wanted to go there. Pictures alone from that place are always beautiful, but the truth is that because of our education system, we kind of end up with a lot of not needed information and while in school we get tested in these things. Old Faithful eruption time is one of the things I should have remembered in a test a long time ago, and I messed it up. For anyone who cares, it's 2.15 pm, give or take ten minutes.

So Peter and I started the trip on a Tuesday around four pm and made our way over the night to Yellowstone. We made good time, and arrived at 5 am. The only break I took besides to go to a hotels parking lot just to decide to keep on driving was at this truck stop. At three am I needed a bit of food and water, but as a tip to any other female doing this sort of things, if it's called a truck stop, don't go in at night. I bravely took off as soon as I saw a trucker, I might be brave and an idiot, but I'm not that dumb usually.

My thing has always been driving at night, the streets are empty and one can push it a little. By night one meets the interesting people and sees stuff no other time offers and the shadows make world more beautiful. This being said, I highly do not recommend gas stations in Idaho at night. Their way of interesting personalities is not as nice as you might think, but apparently it's a good way to make money. A man in a gas station was so sure I deal drugs, he refused to go away.  The guy kept on insisting I have to sell him something good, so I finally took his money and gave him some chocolate. I now am a proud owner of a twenty dollar bill, or was till I bought JD with it.


 The last two hours were spent in a horrible fog while every animal in the world tried to run under me, and going 20- 30 miles per hour got me so sleepy, I had to go and run around the car every once in a while. Not the best way to spend morning hours I assure you, but I got there only to realize that I wasn't the only one with the idea of seeing Yellowstone at summer time. After the thing shown below, life was starting to look up again

After an hour of sleep, I hit the town to get a tent and a sleeping bag, a knife and food. I laughed when I looked at the trunk, and as you can see below, it was hilarious sight.




All done with the shopping, it started to rain. My ego is huge, and I never back down for any reason, but to be honest, at that time I decided that if I'm to go and be bear food, I'll do it while the sun is up. The pretty painful ankle agreed with me, and a confirmation email about the down payment for the car had just gone trough made me decide to keep on driving. Now I have to figure out what the hell I am to do with the knife after Peter I and I break up, I think taking it to the airport will not be wise. Also, the tent and the sleeping bag are now just annoying luggage, but at least I have yet an other idiotic shopping story to tell.

Anyway, an eagle, bad drivers who pull over with no indication beforehand and a buffalo, three apples and one Old faithful later, I went back to the thing I'm good at: changing my mind. I was going to drive somewhere around the great lakes, but desert sounded pretty damn good after all the water in Yellowstone. I would be broke already if I booked rooms before arriving to the destination.

Here are the mandatory shots of Yellowstone.



These are the shittiest shoes btw for anything. It turns out shopping by color is not the way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment