Monday, August 25, 2014

Returning to home.

I missed the hell out of my family while away, though I really needed the time apart too. Before the trip, I had spent one night without the kids altogether, so it was time to let go a little, or a lot, or even My way.

On Saturday I stepped on it and hurried home. The tire fuck up, fixing it, seeing what a Burger King actually puts in the wrappers, last few miles were in front of me.

I'm the caretaker of the family, I run the show mainly, and make sure everything is there when needed. I run around fixing things, putting out fires, then I go to my night job (time difference) and play stock market, and if I have a spare minute, I fill out health insurance papers for homeless, organize stuff to those who get housing of a sort, be pain in the ass to my friends to get them to see the people I gather from the streets, making sure someone maybe will be left better off after I leave the place I'm at at the time.

I try my best to sort out world crises by putting money as much as I can to girls getting to schools in third world countries, and after all that I open IRC and play the shrink to my fucked up friends and enemies, who's biggest problem usually is the extra time in their hands.

So, life is serious most of the time here at home, internet access is a must for me to get the heavy stuff floating in my head out for a while, and I have done well destroying it on my part. Even my dear old mkoesel can't keep all the shit I write out of the good eyes of the readers of the post, my lately favorite forum to litter.

I wanted this car as much as I wanted it for purely selfish reasons. For once, I was not to think of the ecological damage, I was not to think of the deeper meanings behind my long obsession with the M's and I sure as hell was not to think what else I could do with the money I threw to this project.

This was for pure pleasure. First thing I actually have bought for myself ever, if we don't count clothes and toothbrushes in years, nine to be exact.

I kept picturing my kids being happy for me, getting the joy I felt while in it, and I pictured the world being a bit different after my trip just because I would have the energy again to tackle every little and big thing with full force.

I ran upstairs to wake up my son Julian, who has been almost as obsessed with this project as I have been, but with the passion of a four year old. I got him our of his mattress (bed was demolished while I was away by a runaway dinosaur, I was told a few days earlier), and took him to see my beautiful car.

I don't approve us parents posting our kids everywhere all the time, but in this occasion I have to say the joy he felt is best shown by a picture.


"It's not an M3 Mum! It's not green! Dinosaurs will destroy this one for sure!"

He cried for an hour straight. It took me almost a day to get him in it, and even then I had to tell him the Audi is broken and if he want's to see an M3, we must go for a ride in mums car, which has less doors just to make it harder for the dinosaurs to destroy it.

To this happy image it would be lovely to end this blog, but I owe it to the country I've been putting down all my life to write a summary of my travels still. That will conclude Lups in America, the first of the two (I'm so doing this next summer too!) road trip files.

4 comments:

  1. :DDDDDD
    I lol'd. Great pic! I'm looking forward to next summer already. Maybe next time you'll spend more time on the east side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen a lot as a parent and I'm pretty darn solid at it, but sometimes life is just too funny to see alone and that photo sums up the family's reaction so well.

      I don't remember if I told you what Lilian said when we washed the car, but I'll be sure to fill you in via IRC one night.

      Delete
  2. I know what you mean. Some of my favorite pictures are the ones of my kids crying. It might sound mean, but since children will cry for whatever reason (not just because of pain), there is a story behind each picture. It tells so much more than the kids posing while saying cheese.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I love pictures where the story is so easy to see, and feelings are real. I don't do photo opportunity parenting at all, my kids get to be dirty and bruised, as long as they want and don't hurt others. And of course, I get the photo behind the always following "Mum I need to see a doctor, a Dinosaur bit me".

      Delete