Thursday, August 21, 2014

The road

Sometimes driving is the only thing to give me the clarity to think things trough. Sometimes a long stretch in front of me brings me the relief of free thinking that often eludes me in the real world. That happened yesterday too, and three things were discovered.

1. I hate meth heads. Two idiots didn't like my car or me behind the wheel and it was so close people didn't get killed and Peter trashed, I still can't believe I got away from that one. I'm pretty happy about my ability to act first, shake and go trough the emotions later. I don't know what exactly was their motive, but I sure as hell know only the turbos saved my ass on that one. Thanks Peter II, you will never have to get the American shitty petrol in you for this.

2. The M4 handles side winds really well. I had the time and the open roads to test this, and of course I didn't go faster than the speed limit, which I kind of translated to kph's and then just kept my eyes on the mileometer.  Worked just fine, didn't feel like a bad ass let loose trashing your roads at all.

3. I will never calculate my average speed again.

Here are the pictures from yesterday.

 When they say it's raining in Indiana, it's a flood. I've seen a lot of weather, but this was a bitch. Speeds went down nicely though.


Sun set in and we watched it together with Peter II, I cussed like a sailor when I realized my favorite thing in the world, driving at night will be fucked again by the lights, and I swore I'd find a person to trade the idiot edition leds to norms. 



Now, the people who have met me have had people sending them Pm's about pics of me, what I look like. I think that's just bloody stupid, it should not matter. For the life of me, I can't remember caring for shit for looks of anyone, but here is how bad it gets after a ten hour drive and 2 hours slept the night before.

Stop asking my friends for shit they will never give out. There is a reason why they are my friends.

My time at car forum is at an end, I think. I get enough shit in real life, and this blog plus the thread of notes have just made it hard to see the good people as I used to see. We'll see.

I have two nights on the road left, and a summary to write. Then it's a life of new adventures.


No comments:

Post a Comment