Thursday, August 21, 2014

Indianapolis

In my everyday life, I have to be in control always. I have to know what I'm doing, when, I have schedules that would make the busiest of you cry, and the list of responsibilities is sometimes too much even for me.

Don't get me wrong, I love my life, but every once in a while it is much.

For the last 4 nights Peter and I have been sleeping mostly, first was the the Arch city and two days of rest, trying to regroup. Then I kind of got at it with Candy again, and just decided that it's not worth it, she can lead. We went back to Indiana. Indianapolis to be exact.

I got us places to park (well that's how I see hotels) and I went for a pint and after the idiot pilot crew gave up ("What happens in the road, stays on the road with us, so why not with you too" Ummmm, I was polite trying to explain to grown ass men that I'm not with the one I'm with to get my kicks from cheating on him, I'm with him because I want to be there. Fucking idiot American men.), I met one of the weirdest men I've ever known.

Stu, if you ever read this, yes, it's you!

At some times in life you find someone you can talk to, and unlike therapist, the open conversation about life happens with no barriers, no time limit. We walked for miles trough the downtown of Indianapolis (never ever will I be able to pronounce that one), he and I shared an interest in the same stupid things like plants and wildlife, we talked about life and loss.


I think this part of America took a big hit whit us Europeans coming here. Apparently this is how it was before us, and now the whole state looks like a corn field it is.




Turtles in the sun, we envied them for getting to go to the water, though the water might have killed us humans. 
 Funny memorial statue. I think one has to be European to laugh at that, but I indeed did.

To me, it's a complete rarity to tell anyone what's going on with me, and how different events affected me. How different people and their doings affect me. Sometimes it's just so darn good to learn to let go a little, and say out loud all the things that went down wrong, right and most of all, what the future is going to bring.

 Thank you Stu, I hope we meet again and never lose the ability to say fuck the facades!


Now, my deeply confusing and consuming day took an other turn in the evening, a storm hit Indianapolis, and afterwards the city smelled to clean and pure, I decided to take Peter II for a spin. After pealing respectable amount of rubber to the roads, since the ankle is starting to feel pretty darn good, and with that also the control of the clutch is getting better, Lups did what Lups does the best, fucked up in a way only I can.


There is a time and a place for everything. I love gloating more than anything when it comes to cars, since the real car fans get so pissed, and the rest don't care. I was pulling in the hotel, and a man with a 328i decided to destroy his rim in front of me. I laughed so hard, I actually said how the fuck can anyone be that much of an idiot, and less than 1 minute later, I was looking at this.


I did the same thing in the exact same spot, and I could not stop laughing, karma is such a bitch at times. Unlike the 328 driver, I couldn't sleep till I had a way to fix this, so I texted every soul I know in Indiana, with not many cuss words told what had happened, and got an address for the morning. Peter II and I were going to hit the road to maybe west, but I couldn't let him go to the road looking like an idiot had driven him.

After coffee, I called the firm recommended and pulled into their parking lot. After few tears, bitching and moaning, they let me wander around the facility to see how bad other people have done this, and thank you all, it helped a lot!


Bad picture but all my horrible work disappeared with those guys, and let's be honest, it wasn't even that bad to begin with. Peter and I were ready do serious miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment